April 18, 2013

#59 Throwback Thursday

I know, I know, Throwback Thursday is an Instagram thing, but the name inspired me to do a little retrospective and come back to you with some of my favorite blogs I've written in the past. It's crazy to read back on some of them and see how far I've come. I think that's the best part about having a blog like this one. I'm sort of tracking my own growth. It's like a journal that I'm sharing with all of you. It's crazy how much a year can change a person, and that's really happened with me. Join me on a journey back in time, a Throwback Thursday!

Post #1: Started a Blog 

How could I not pick the post that started it all as a favorite? I think the best part about it is that I said that I hoped I could reach at least one person with this. I'd like to think I've achieved that goal and then some!


Post #5: Taken a Chance

This post marked my first input post, and to date, it is probably one of my favorites. Since I've read it, I've taken more chances than I can think of, which you kind of have to in college. But just in general, I've become more open and just jumped on opportunities when they've presented themselves. Really, you never know if you'll ever get the same opportunity again, so it's important to grab life by the horns. College has definitely taught me that. (See what I did there? With the horns and college? No? Alright) I have to say, I've surprised myself (and my friends) a few times over the past year, but aren't moments that what makes life interesting?


Post #24: Thanked You All

This one marked the official end of my high school career. Practically anyone you'll ask about high school graduation will tell you it's a bittersweet experience: one marked by happiness to be rid of school and sadness that you'll be leaving behind the people who meant so much to you over the years. I am no exception to this. I still cherish my days in high school and look back on them fondly. It's cool to see that a year ago I was saying the exact same thing I would say today. 



How could I not pick the post that started it all? .....again. I love this one because it marked a real turning point for me. Spending time in a new place made me begin to think about the things I'm doing in the present rather than the things I should've done in the past, which I definitely know now is a better way to approach things! I can't claim to not have regrets anymore, but my life has become more about doing things than thinking about them later, which is a great thing. 


Posts #44, : Things My Friends Are Doing: Elizabeth, Harrison, Amanda

This is definitely one of my favorite additions to my blog. I love giving you guys a perspective other than my own for a change. And it's also fun for me to read what they have to say. I have some talented friends, don't I? Don't worry, the series isn't over! Look out for more of my friends in the future!

Post #58: Frosting Fiasco

Yesterday's post is one of my favorites of all time, by far. Not just because of the fact that it had pretty pictures or had a wonderful message behind it. (As most all of my posts do, in case you haven't noticed. I'm practically an episode of Full House--you know, with a moral lesson at the end. But I digress.) I loved it so much because it shows the effort I'm putting into becoming a lifestyle blogger. I really am trying because that's what I want this to be more than anything. It's been a struggle, clearly, but I'll get there! 


So there are a few of my favorite posts of my own! I hope you enjoyed this Throwback Thursday. It was actually really fun for me to go back through my work. That's all I have for now!

Enjoy your weekend!
Morgan




No comments:

Post a Comment