May 1, 2013

#60 Quote for Your Thoughts?

I come to you today bearing only some of my favorite quotes. I'm currently studying for an Information Technology test, and as I went through my study guide, I came across the section about social media and blogs. Of course, this made me feel guilty for blatantly abandoning you all. I would give you a real post, but frankly, this is all I can handle right now as far as time--and I won't like, this post was pre-created for a day like this that I knew was coming! I know part of blogging is dedicating part of your time to, well, blogging, but I've been completely swamped lately. I hope y'all understand! I'll be back soon, hopefully in full swing! But for now, enjoy some words of wisdom from the greats.

"No one is useless in this world who lightens the burden of it to anyone else."
-Charles Dickens

"I’ve learned that no matter what happens, or how bad it seems today, life does go on, and it will be better tomorrow. I’ve learned that you can tell a lot about a person by the way he/she handles these three things: a rainy day, lost luggage, and tangled Christmas tree lights. I’ve learned that regardless of your relationship with your parents, you’ll miss them when they’re gone from your life. I’ve learned that making a “living” is not the same thing as making a “life.” I’ve learned that life sometimes gives you a second chance. I’ve learned that you shouldn’t go through life with a catcher’s mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw something back. I’ve learned that whenever I decide something with an open heart, I usually make the right decision. I’ve learned that even when I have pains, I don’t have to be one. I’ve learned that every day you should reach out and touch someone. People love a warm hug, or just a friendly pat on the back. I’ve learned that I still have a lot to learn. I’ve learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel."
-Maya Angelou

"I am driven by two main philosophies: know more about the world today than I did yesterday and lessen the suffering of others along the way. You'd be surprised how far that gets you."
-Neil deGrassee Tyson 

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, "Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?" Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It is not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others."
-Marianne Williamson

"You'll do it. Despite rejection and the worst odds. And it will be better than anything else you can imagine. If you're going to try, go all the way. There is no other feeling like that. You will be alone with the gods, and the nights will flame with fire. You will ride life straight to perfect laughter. It is the only good fight there is." 
-Charles Bukowski

"A book can teach you, a conversation can assure you, a poem can seduce you, a genius can inspire you, but only you can save yourself."
-Anthony Anaxagorou


Also, I encourage you all to visit White Paper Quotes on Tumblr. It has been one of my favorites for awhile now and it has something for everyone! Read that while I'm being a negligent blogger! :)
Morgan



No comments:

Post a Comment