February 14, 2013

#45 Everybody's Gonna Love Today

So this Valentine's Day, I'm coming at you with the same message as last year. That is, a message that Valentine's Day is about more than just loving your boyfriend or your girlfriend. It is about loving everyone and realizing that we're all lucky to be capable of love period. The ability to love is one of the most extraordinary gifts we have to both give and receive as human beings. It is our responsibility to do something with that gift, and why not start with a day dedicated to love? 

Since I said the same thing last year, I wanted to figure out something new to say on the subject, of course! After some thought, I couldn't come up with anything other than what I'd already said, except maybe a suggestion to wear red or pink or paint your nails in a lovely Valentine's Day hue, which I do recommend, but I couldn't possibly write an entire post based on that! I'm no fashion blogger, as much I wish I could be. Anyway, since I couldn't think of anything, I headed on over to one of my favorite websites Thought Catalog and thought I might check out what their amazing writers have to say about Valentine's Day. I virtually sifted through countless articles until I could find one that gave me a fresh perspective about the great Hallmark Holiday, but after reading and reading and reading, I couldn't help but keep mentally going back to last year's message. I figure, I feel the same way about Valentine's Day this year, so why change my post?

Even though this Valentine's Day (and last Valentine's Day, and the one before that, and the one before that and...you get the picture) I'm as single as a cat-engulfed Carrie Bradshaw without Mr. Big, I'm still choosing to enjoy the holiday! More than anything, it's a day to remind us that we're important in other people's lives. If you build the day up to be a once-yearly survey of whether or not you're deserving of love, then, yeah it's probably depressing, but if you choose to give a little love to anyone, you'd be surprised at what you get in return. Take the day of love to appreciate the love you have.

Valentine's Day is whatever we want it to be. If we want it to be a day filled with self-pity, jealousy and a whole lot of chocolate, then it can be. If we want it to be a day that represents love in any form and making everyone feel special, it can be. I'm choosing the latter, and I hope you all do too!

Oh, and wear red today! There's my new input on the subject!

Happy Valentine's Day!

Morgan


No comments:

Post a Comment