March 24, 2013

#54 Words of Wisdom: Eleanor


If any of you have been keeping up with my Things I'm Loving page, you have probably already seen this image, but in case you haven't here it is (and I encourage you to check that page out!). I think this constitutes its own simple blog post because it is such a beautiful quote. And of course the nerd in me loves the image and font use, but that's besides the point. I spend a lot of time thinking about my future, as I'm sure pretty much everyone my age does, so whenever I see a quote like this, it really resonates with me. It is very easy to doubt yourself, but if we spend all of our time in self-doubt, we'll never truly get anywhere. Sure, sometimes it seems like life is about to be over, but we know it isn't so there is no point to sitting around and moping. Life moves extremely quickly, and we have to grow with it and adapt to it all on our own. If we believe in our abilities, if we believe in our dreams, if we believe in ourselves, it is then that the future belongs to us. 

Eleanor Roosevelt definitely has it right this time, and pretty much every other time she's said anything, really. I wonder if one day people will quote me like we all quote her...probably not, but that's alright! I can dream, can't I?

Morgan

No comments:

Post a Comment