December 25, 2012

#38 A Christmas Frame of Mind

One of my most favorite Christmas movies is without a doubt Miracle on 34th Street. If you've never seen it, stop what you're doing right now and watch it--well after you read this, anyway. I've always been a sucker for a good Christmas movie, and this one has always hit the spot in my heart. There is one quote in the movie that particularly resonates with me, and it's one I thought I would share with you on this greatest of days. It reads, "Christmas isn't just a day, it's a frame of mind." I don't know about you, but I've always thought this was beautiful, and the older I get, the more it seems to mean to me.

It seems like in the days leading up to Christmas, there is nothing but the hustle and bustle of trying to get ready for one of the biggest days of the year. Basically it is chaos. I'm sure there is not a person in the world who doesn't get stressed out about something or other during the holiday season simply because of the magnitude of it all. But all of that stress and worry is made worth it when we are able to sit back with those we love and appreciate the most. Christmas waves a sort of magic wand over the world and makes it a softer and more beautiful place. It gives us all a chance to cherish peace and goodwill and be generous with mercy. Christmas is love in action. More than just being a day, it is a state of mind filled with great peace (which is surely much needed after the mayhem in the weeks leading up to the day), goodwill (which comes through the symbolism of a beautiful gift), and abundant mercy (displayed when people are able to put aside everything to show how much they care). 

So on this most wonderful of days, I would like to wish a very Merry Christmas to you and everyone you love. I hope it is a day to remember for a lifetime--it should be if you're in the Christmas frame of mind! 

Lastly, I want to thank you all for giving me one of the greatest gifts I could ever ask for, and that is the desire and motivation to keep writing because of your continued support. I only wish I could repay each and every one of you for this precious gift. It really does mean the world to me.  

Merry Christmas to all, and to all...go watch Miracle on 34th Street


With love, 
Morgan



No comments:

Post a Comment